Monday, August 27, 2007

About Kazakhstan

Our agency informed us that Karaganda should be opening this week! We are happy but trying not to get our hopes up. We will be much happier when we hear something definite. We also have some paper work to redo but nothing major. Below are a few facts on Kazakhstan and some pictures. It is a very diverse and beautiful country.


Kazakhstan Flag



The population is 15.2 million



The capital city is Astana



The state language is Kazakh



Major religions are Islam and Orthodox

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

Amber & Jason-- I am waiting for Karaganda to get going, too, so I have all of my fingers (and toes :))crossed for you!

Sonya said...

Hi Amber and Jason! Thanks for the address to your blog. I look forward to reading more about your journey as we wait together! Maybe we will all be in Karanganda together!

Sonya

Kristan and Mark said...

I spent three months in Karaganda from March till June. I will be happy to help you prepare in anyway possible before your trip!

My e-mail is kristans@cox.net. Feel free to e-mail me and then we can talk by phone if you'd like.

My daughter turned 11 months old yesterday. We've been home two months now and she is doing wonderful!

Don't panic, our stay was a month longer because we ran in to paperwork issues with our daughter. I chose to stay while they were worked out. It was the right decision, as she is perfect for our family.

Anyway, I'm so happy things will finally start moving for you soon!

Kristan (lovestruck)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Any news? I hope all works out for you soon!

Kristan and Mark said...

Hi,

We just had two families from our agencies get news they will travel to Karaganda in mid Oct. Hope that means you will be getting great news soon!!

Hit Counter

Amazing Counters