Friday, October 5, 2007

Packing and other joys

As I sit here, lazily typing while falling asleep at 8:00 PM, I find myself reflecting on the chaos of the past week. Well, mostly chaos for Amber. She ran all over the place picking up the rest of our updated documents, getting them apostilled, trying to pack, taking care of an ill little doggy (just a ploy for attention as he knows we're going somewhere), getting updated pictures developed, buying clothes (never give a woman an excuse to buy clothes), and in general getting lots of stuff done. I tried to make as many calls, send as many emails, and do as much as I could do from work while still accomplishing whatever I could before I take 4 weeks off of work (I've got a great boss).
So now, paperwork is done and it's time to get things packed. This is not fun. Carry on bags can't be more than 18 lbs each (WE ONLY GET 1 EACH!), and checked can't weigh more than 50. There's also size restrictions too. So Amber's now swapping things around from bag to bag to make it fit. And of course we are trying to pack "light" despite the fact that we'll be on the other side of the planet for 3 weeks. The next few days we'll keep packing, organizing, double checking things, and trying to not stress too much, and then we drive down to JFK on Monday! Скоро мы встретим нашего ребенка!

2 comments:

Kristan and Mark said...

Hey, the incountry weight is 20 kilos, so approximately 44 lbs. I know that's only a difference of six pounds, but six pounds was a lot for me to account for when packing. I recommend just coming to peace with paying some overage. It will make the stress of packing much less stressful. Once I did that I relaxed much more and then only ended up a pound or two off.
Good luck, I know exactly how you are feeling, stressed, excited, anxious, and just very surreal.
Good luck,
Kristan (lovestruck)

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Check with the airlines again. You should each get one carry on and each a purse. Your husbands "purse" can be a diaper bag. That's what we did. Have a great trip!! Excited for you'll even though I don't know you. It is always great when someone gets to have their dream come true. Sincerly, Gena Lloyd jaimiegena@yahoo.com

Hit Counter

Amazing Counters